The Coronavirus is a family of viruses that can cause a range of illness bin humans including common cold and more severe forms like SARS and MERS which are life threatening. The virus is named after its shape which takes the form of a crown with protrusions around it and hence is known as coronavirus.
This new coronavirus, the seventh known to affect humans has been named COVID-19. This outbreak of coronavirus came to light on December 31, 2019 in Wuhan city of China.
Common signs of infection include fever, coughing and breathing difficulties. In severe cases, pneumonia, multiple organs failure and death. The incubation period of covid-19 is thought to be between one and fourteen days.
Wash your hands often with soap and water or clean them with an alcohol-based sanitizer.
Keep distance at least 2 meters between yourself and others.
Always wear a face mask to protect yourself and others.
Disinfect surfaces you touch often like doorknobs, switches and sinks.
• Drink warm water throughout the day.
• Once a day inhale steam infused with Mint leaves or Caraway seeds
• Practice Yoga, Pranayama and meditation.
• Include spices like Turmeric, Coriander, Cumin and Garlic in daily diet.
• Once or twice a day drink herbal tea/Kadha made using Basil (Tulsi),
Cinnamon (Dalchini), Black pepper, Dry Ginger, Munakka (Raisin), and
jaggery, or lemon juice.
• Drink milk with turmeric powder (half teaspoon in 150 ml hot milk) once
or twice a day.
• Take one table spoon of sesame seed or coconut oil and swish in the
mouth for two to three minutes, spit it out and rinse the mouth with
In my opinion as far as I am concerned to sum up. It is clear that this virus spreads from person to person, therefore, it is
necessary to limit your contact with other people as much as possible. We must refrain ourselves from shaking hands, hugging for the safety our loved ones, family members and the broader community and must continue to follow the safety practices such as wearing a mask, frequently
hand wash and maintaining physical distance as these measures can help us to defeat this global pandemic.